Monday, May 31, 2010

A Memorial Day Dedication 2010


At the inception of this blog I had not yet
been able to locate any of the family members
of the crew of the 415 Bomb Squadron; but
my determination paid off. Today I am now
in contact with four of the crew's family members:
Mrs. Swain, wife of Bob Swain, the navigator;
Mrs. Congleton, wife of John Congleton, the
copilot, and also his granddaughter, Kristen;
Mrs. Scott, wife of Walter Scott; Ray, Steve
and Wendy Gonyea, the children of Raphael
Gonyea, radio and top turret gunner.

Though we've never met, I feel as though they
are my family. I'd like to think somehow that
our fathers', their husbands' spirits led to our
paths crossing. My life will forever be enriched
that I was given the opportunity to finally hear
from them, and I look forward to the day that we
may meet in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment